Featuring photographs, diagrams, and step-by-step instructions, this book speaks to photographers of varying levels. It provides invaluable information on how to light such as surfaces, metal, glass, liquids, extremes (black-on-black and white-on-white), and portraits.
This new edition includes:
• Expanded chapters on portraiture and lighting equipment
• Chapters on necessary equipment when working on location versus in the studio
• An updated appendix of reliable photo gear sources
• Over 100 new photographs and informational sidebars
• Updated information about advances in flash equipment, LED panels, and fluorescent lights
Lighting styles will evolve, but the science of light will always remain the same. Once photographers understand the basic physics of lighting (without having to become physicists), they can apply that knowledge to a broad range of photographic styles.